One of the main activities promoted by the Cultural Association EffectUs
is to train through an artistic knowledge sharing , a mission that is reachable only thanks to availability of our tutors to share their knowledge.
This sharing takes place through: WORKSHOPS (short classes of 1 maximum 2 hours that are held during the EffectUs Event) and MASTERCLASSES (lessons of 1 or more days) on which our members are entitled to special discounts.
Below you can have a brief overview of all the topics that have been developed during the workshops organized within the program of EffectUs Event, divided for years and joined to its tutors. For more informations on our tutors you can visit the dedicated section of the website.
We remind that exclusively for the EffectUs members there is a reserved access to the Vimeo Channel to watch the videos made during the event (which cover part of the workshops and were not made on occasions other than the EffectUs Event itself), more informations on how to get this benefit, they are available in the section of the website how to join, while for the list of videos available on Vimeo at the time (page still updating) click on the following link.
– Chiara Chiappa (ITA) – Employment contracts in the entertainment industry
– Emanuele De Luca – Career Overview
– Steve Laporte (US) – Career Overview
– David Bracci – Fillers And Fibers: When and How
– Valentina Visintin – Basic Prosthetics Application
– Valentina Visintin – What’s in my Kit
– Andrea Leanza, Federica Castelli – Behind the Scenes of Hammamet
– Mark Coulier (UK) – Carreer Overview
– Valter Casotto, Clinton Aiden Smith (South Africa), Javier Coronilla (UK), Diana Branca – 3D Revolution
– Daniele Tirinnanzi – Eye Making
– Horacio Martinez (UK) – How Airbrush Works
– Lorenzo Tamburini (ITA) – Interview with the artist
– Work is not a trick – Opportunities and perspectives for freelance make-up artists. With Demetrio Chiappa, President of Doc Servizi
– David White (UK) – Interview with the artist
– Associates assembly – The association’s developments in 2018/2019, the importance of networking.
– Round table debate VFX – SFX – MUFX – Networking and integrated technologies
– Alahouzos FX (Greece) – The artists George and Roulius Alahouzos tell us their story
– The national contract – FIDAC and Trade Unions talk about the situation of the political struggle, with Emanuele Foglietti
– Presentation of the EffectUs Journal vol. 2 and its authors – The first Italian themed publication
– Lisa Carracedo (UK) – The artist talks about her journey into art finishing
– IVAN POHARNOK (Hungary) The artist discloses his professional path and the creation of Filmefex
– CONFERENCE ON FILM MAKEUP meeting with film industry pro
– Tangible and intangible, a conversation about success with the authors of the book LEADING LADIES OF MAKEUP EFFECTS – GARY CHRISTENSEN and PATRICIA L. TERRY
– DOC CREATIVITY The protections and advantages of the cooperative network: new opportunities for cinema professionals and the creative sector with DANIELA FURLANI
– Special makeup effects and set special effects with MAURIZIO CORRIDORI, DAVID BRACCI AND TIZIANO MARTELLA
– JAVIER CORONILLA (Spain)
The artist talks about his adventure in animatronics
– EFFECTUS NETWORK: The special makeup e ects community, network e sharing, its story and its targets.
– Presentation of the EFFECTUS JOURNAL and its authors: the first Italian sector publication.
– CLINTON AIDEN SMITH (Sud Africa): The artist talks about his story and the creation of Cosmesis Studio
– DANIELE TIRINNANZI: from Italy to Los Angeles
– Meeting with ROGIER SAMUELS Special Make-up FX Artist from The Netherlands, owner of the studio UNREAL
– EFFECTUS: founders Valentina Visintin, Giulia Giorgi and Luigi D’Andrea talk about the importance of the community
– Meeting with GöRAN LUNDSTRöM Special Make-up FX Artist from Sweden, owner of the company EffektStudion
– Debate: BUDGETING AND QUOTING FOR jOBS. Moderators: VALENTINA VISINTIN, ANDREA LEANZA, GIULIA GIORGI.
– Meeting with GIANNETTO DE ROSSI eminent Italian Make-up Artist
– JöRN SEIFERT Special Make-up FX Artist from Germany speaks about his carreer and his company TWILIGHT CREATIONS
– Presentation of the book MAKE IT YOURSELF . SPECIAL MAKEUP EFFECTS VOL. 2 with DAVID BRACCI
– Meeting with GIULIO PEZZA Italian Make-up Artist
– Meeting with CLIFF WALLACE e STEVE PAINTER Special FX Artists from the UK
– Meeting with SERGIO STIVALETTI one of the main Italian Special Make-up FX Artists
– Presentation of the book MANUAL OF SPECIAL MAKEUP EFFECTS by Donatella Mondani
– LUIGI ROCCHETTI talks about the experience of his team on the recent colossal remake Ben Hur
– Presentation of the book MAKE IT YOURSELF Special Makeup E ects by David Bracci
– Debate with MAKINARIUM special makeup e ects team of Italian fantasy film Tale of Tales