TOWARDS EFFECTUS EVENT 2018
Thanks to the survey results, to which many members took part, the Cultural Association EffectUs decided to move towards its fourth edition relying on the energies available to implement its activities, with a new vital strength.
The survey launched last autumn has allowed us to clearly understand the direction that needs to be taken in the next year’s event edition, having defined thanks to it, the real core of our audience, which is the one to work for.
EffectUs’s basement is formed by professionals and amateurs and not by occasional visitors, in fact the event aims to be an artist’s space dedicated to technical and cultural exchange as well as networking opportunities on multiple levels, not only a trade show for a generic public that would not bring to the community any additional value.
For this reasons we will use our promotional energies on two fronts:
– The future Special Make up Effects artists, meeting them at art high-schools, art schools, film academies
– Movie productions: in order to involve potential costumers for our companies showing them the many options available on the market both as per artists available and selected materials suppliers.
We will also undertake more connections with industry-related associations similar to ours.
Among the various activities that we will develop during the year:
– a BLOG section will be created within the website in order to give cultural inputs to the community
– a JOURNAL will be published annually in Italian and English language. Many of the Italian front line Special Makeup Effects artist will take part to this writing diverse articles.
– Informal MEETINGS for the association members will be enhanced to increase the exchange of ideas and networking
– more MASTERCLASSES will be organized also during the year. The first one will be: SILICONE MASK MAKING with Harold Levy, which will take place from March the 22nd till April the 5th (for more info write us at firstname.lastname@example.org)
Among the innovations to the event itself we can announce:
– the CONTESTS THEMES have been announced in December in order to allow the participants to have enough time for their work preparation
– we introduced a competitive SECTION in the contest dedicated to SCULPTURE
– having been proved to be our strongest feature, the CULTURAL SECTION constituted by the WORKSHOPS will be implemented
– in order to offer greater visibility to the artists participating to the EXHIBITION, we introduced an area dedicated to only EffectUs members, who have at least 3 pieces of works to display. The designated area will be renamed “Show & Tell”, in which the exhibitors will have the opportunity to interact with the visitors (sale is not allowed)
– the EXHIBITION area will be implemented undertaking a GALLERISTIC path
– the associates’ who are owner of a company or workshop will be granted a special price to book a stand during the trade show.
– from this year, a section dedicated to the COSTUME will be introduced for workshops and costume designers who work with materials and concepts particularly in line with the world of special makeup effects
– from this year there will be a space dedicated to cinema and television STRAIGHT MAKEUP
Thank you all for the support and collaboration,
stay tuned on our social networks to find out all the news and dates